About my Blog

Lessons in the pot of a Kitchen Rookie. Here are simple recipes to play around with ranging from different cultures in Africa through Europe to Asia, cooking and kitchen tips. Find out secrets that make an ordinary meal extra ordinary. Entertain yourself with the different stories of my life and join me in my small and humble kitchen.

4' Pickles,4' Months

So I thought since we have got just about 3months and some weeks till the end of the year, I could post 4 recipes for some common chutneys/pickles each for a month.
Pickles can be eaten with just about anything from rice, to pilau to muchomo and just about any bread.
When I was little I always liked to pound my grandfather, his chutney. It was so simple. I had to just chop about 10 hot green chilies and pound them together with about flat a handful of raw ground nuts. That was the simplest chutney I saw my grandma make and it was the first I ever learnt to make.
As I became older I tasted more and different kinds of pickles, my fave being mango pickles that had a stingy taste of ginger and lemon.

Follow Foodelicious closely for 4' pickles, 4' months

0 comments: