About my Blog

Lessons in the pot of a Kitchen Rookie. Here are simple recipes to play around with ranging from different cultures in Africa through Europe to Asia, cooking and kitchen tips. Find out secrets that make an ordinary meal extra ordinary. Entertain yourself with the different stories of my life and join me in my small and humble kitchen.

One from America's Culinary History

I don’t always go out so much in huge groups, not that I don’t enjoy it, I do , I really do but I find myself taking in and watching a movie or documentaries or chatting away on a game of cards.
I have a global collection of friends. At any moment I know I took a walk through someone’s mind anywhere in the world.

I  have friends I have kept for years and though we don't see each other much, Facebook has kept us in constant touch, then there those friends I have never meet in person like Ameen in India, San in Germany, because they are friends to my friends or knew someone that knows me and we always find things to talk about.

Then my childhood friends that distance came in between and we meet after so many years we almost don’t have anything in common except for the childhood memories engraved in a green and orange disposable camera that was given as a gift. I miss you Paresh, Reena and Kevin.

Then there are friends I met for just a short while and we share something we enjoy doing like Joanna and me share and enjoy the night outs with her best friend and my friend Jean and Christine who travels the world alot and I may never meet again in 2 years.
Then the friends you meet when you knocked your toe on a stone or accidentally switched common phones or you mistook them for a someone you knew…in any way you get to realize that something about them hooks you and in and out of moments you wonder how they are doing.
Thanks to the social networks today, I have found my lost friends like Hannah, developed new friendships, and we always try to stay in touch.

I have a friend with whom many times we are to meet, either there is a dinner after dinner after dinner with friends or a little brother, late work and all those things that come up that I had fixed in my time before we met. I am sorry that all those come up but I will come and pick you from wherever you are and we can have a milkshake together but am craving that milkshake so much that I thought I should make myself a banana flavor and make you a mango flavor that I will have on your behalf.

I am making myself a Banana Milkshake this evening.

What ingredients will I need for I glass?

  • 1 Banana peeled and chopped in small pieces
  • I cup of milk preferably skimmed milk
  • 3 scoops of Vanilla Ice cream
  • Crushed Ice
How do I make use of the above?
  • Place the banana pieces, milk, ice cream and ice in a blender
  • Blend on medium for 30seconds
  • Pour in a tall curved glass and enjoy with a straw

Here is a Mango Milkshake I will have on my friend’s behalf

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup of milk preferably skimmed
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt preferably low fat
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3 teaspoons of honey
  • 1 mango, peeled and roughly chopped
  • Ice cubes crushed
  Directions
  • Toss all ingredients into a blender and blend for about 15 seconds
*Remember to put the liquids on the bottom whenever you are blending 

0 comments: