About my Blog

Lessons in the pot of a Kitchen Rookie. Here are simple recipes to play around with ranging from different cultures in Africa through Europe to Asia, cooking and kitchen tips. Find out secrets that make an ordinary meal extra ordinary. Entertain yourself with the different stories of my life and join me in my small and humble kitchen.

Egg Curry

Yesterday we prepared a Chicken Biryana and today we shall prepare the curry I love to have best with any Biryana or boiled rice.
Ashiana is one of my favorite simple and humble Indian restaurants in Kampala. Owned by a good friend of mine Bobby Sheath and situated in Bugolobi just a short distance from my work place in Bugolobi, once in a while after work I treat myself to chicken Biryana and egg curry.
With this simple recipe, you do not need to eat out but make Egg Curry at home for you and your family.

What you need:
  • 4 Eggs (hard boiled and I usually chop the eggs into 4s)
  • 1 onion
  • 1/2 tomato (pureed)
  • 3-4 flakes of garlic
  • 1/2-inch piece of ginger
  • 1-2 green chilies
  • 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
  • Salt To Taste
  • Red chili powder to taste
  • 3/4th tsp turmeric powder
  • 1/2 tsp coriander powder
  • 3/4 tsp garam masala
  • 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil / ghee
  • 1 cup green peas(I usually boil the peas till medium tender)
Directions to prepare:
  • Remove the shell of boiled eggs & keep aside.
  • Make a paste of onion, garlic, ginger and green chilies in a  mixer or chopper.
  • Heat oil in a wok
  • Add onion-garlic paste and fry till golden brown.
  • Add the spices (salt, turmeric, coriander & chili powder) and fry for a minute
  • Add tomato puree.
  • Fry till it starts leaving oil visible
  • Add a cup of water and cook till dry.
  • Now add the fresh green peas and boiled eggs.
  • Add 1 cup of water and bring to boil and reduce the flame.
  • Simmer for 10 minutes.
  • Do not stir to avoid mashing the egg yolks, you can just shake you wok gently to avoid base sticking
  • Garnish egg curry with garam masala and coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.
Well, Dig in :-)

0 comments: