About my Blog

Lessons in the pot of a Kitchen Rookie. Here are simple recipes to play around with ranging from different cultures in Africa through Europe to Asia, cooking and kitchen tips. Find out secrets that make an ordinary meal extra ordinary. Entertain yourself with the different stories of my life and join me in my small and humble kitchen.

Indian Spiced Tea

It’s a cold morning, the whether has been bad lately, some of you may be suffering a cold, I have a sore throat. I am so addicted to coffee, I love coffee so much that if  there was a coffee perfume I would buy one, coffee has got me so obsessed that I get its aroma  from a distance even when its not anywhere close. But….its gotten me shaky and clumsy at this point so what do? I turn to
Indian spiced tea 
What do I need? I need… 
  •  2.5 cups of fresh water and 1.25 cups of Milk (luke warm would be fantastic)
  • Spices (2 Cloves, 2 brown Cardamom ( I like to open it up), 4 Black Pepper corns,1 Cinnamon Stick)
  • 2 tsp Tea Leaves (I love strong tea but you can put as desired)
  • Sugar  as desired …do not forget to have a little sugar now so when you clock 60 years you can still have a little.

 Remember the water to milk ratio you need is 2:1 so you can do the maths for any amount
 How do I go about making my tea…
  • Place the water, and spices in a saucepan and bring to boil.
  • Stir in the tea leaves and continue to cook over a moderate heat for 2 minutes.
  • Add the milk and sugar and boil, remove from the heat.
  • Strain and serve hot
Anytime is tea time so you can have this in the morning, afternoon and I love it most before bedtime.
There are many stores around town where you can get Indian spices, next time I will give you a list of stores you can find Indian tea spices @.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

spiced tea is my thing. this is good. Can you put up the carrot soup recipe please!

Foodelicious said...

Thank you Anonymous,I will put up the carrot soup recipe for you. You can also find Foodelicious on facebook.
Have fun
Yours
The food Addict
Foodelicious

Vinson Danish said...

Very interesting post!! You have shared so amazing thing. Thanks for that. I really enjoyed to read it.I am looking to "Buy Masala Tea Bags Online at best affordable price. This is quite interesting and I have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information.