About my Blog

Lessons in the pot of a Kitchen Rookie. Here are simple recipes to play around with ranging from different cultures in Africa through Europe to Asia, cooking and kitchen tips. Find out secrets that make an ordinary meal extra ordinary. Entertain yourself with the different stories of my life and join me in my small and humble kitchen.

Cheesy Egg

This past Sunday I never made any huge Sunday Lunch, after a late Saturday night I could not get up early enough to make something big to eat so I made myself a cheesy Egg
In my kitchen I had;
  • 1 ½ tablespoon of vegetable oil
  • 2 large eggs beaten
  • ½ medium tomato chopped
  • ½ medium onion chopped
  • A pinch of salt or as desired
  • I small handful of grated cheese
  • Microwave flat tray
I went about...;
  • Placing my medium sized non-stick pan on the fire
  • Added the vegetable oil
  • Mixed the beaten egg, onion, tomato and salt
  • When the oil was hot and ready
  • I poured the egg mix in the pan and let it get cooked from the bottom
  • I used my frying egg Ladle to turn the egg upside down to let the opposite side get cooked
  • When the egg was golden brown ready, I placed it on a microwave flat tray
  • Sprinkled the grated cheese onto the egg
  • Place in the microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds to melt the cheese


I had this with a bread toast and of course since am a coffee addict, a freshly brewed strong Arabian coffee could not survive my hunger
A glass of freshly blended passion and pawpaw juice

Youcan use any coffee from a store nearby or grind the coffee in your own kitchen using a coffee grinder
Try this quick meal any day of your week

And voilĂ !...my simple Sunday meal

0 comments: